Saturday, June 2, 2012

30 Before 30: Nail Polish

Y'all, I'm going to be honest with you here, this is a ridiculous post. What I am about to consider an accomplishment is also pretty laughable. I get that. But on the same front, it's also fairly impressive that I was able to successfully complete this task. What is that task, you may ask. Well, the fact that I kept nail polish on my nails for over a month without picking it off! WAHOO!! I warned you it was kind of ridiculous;-)

I've also admired people who are able to keep their nails tidy. It's not something I have ever been able to check off my to-do list. Until now that is! Before the wedding, David's sweet grandma, Grammie, took me to her salon for the full treatment. We're talking mani, pedi, fake nails-the whole nine yards. I honestly loved them. It was such a fun feeling! Even if I was wearing workout clothes, I still felt like a princess. Unfortunately, I was never able to master taking my contacts out with the fake nails. In fact, I punctured my eye so badly the night before our wedding I was convinced all the pictures would show a bloodshot eye. Mercifully that was not the case, but when we returned from the honeymoon I had them removed.

Fast forward to a few months ago. I told myself I was going to make a concerted effort to keep my nails tidy. No chipped nails, no hang nails, nothin'. I am happy to report that I was able to do so! I repainted them about once a week so they didn't look too ragamuffin, but other than that nothing changed!

"The Thrill of Brazil"!

Is this a real accomplishment? Nah, not really. But I must say I do enjoy my nails a lot more these days:-)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! =) Nail upkeep is hard work. I'm obsessed with my fake nails...haha. I love the convenience of getting my nails painted and not having to paint them or mess with them again for two weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete