Wednesday, June 13, 2012

School's Out!

School isn't really out for forever, but it is out for the summer! After a long, and often stressful, second year I am very grateful for a few months of rest. A reflection of the past year:

I would be lost without my teammates!
Their humor and realistic attitudes kept me grounded. If it weren't for their support and faith in me as a teacher I never would have received BTOY.

You have to laugh.
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
-Charlie Chaplin

Collaboration is key!
It is amazing what can happen when you put your heads together. So many great things came out of meetings this year. I am hopeful for the awesome things we have in place for next year's kiddos.

Put your best foot forward
You may be having a hard day. You may be ready to fall asleep standing. You may be ready to curl up in a ball and cry. You still need to put your best foot forth; your kids deserve that much.

Pray.
Never give up faith that God has a purpose for each student, despite how stressed they may make you at that moment!

I am so grateful for this year and the experiences I had. If it weren't for the lessons from my students, administration, and co-workers I wouldn't be where I am today!

2 comments: