Saturday, June 23, 2012

Guest Post-Melody at Sweet Like a Song!

Good morning all! While I am away soaking in the sun (with sunscreen on, of course!) and celebrating our second anniversary with my love, the sweet Melody will be stepping in and sharing her own beach must-do's! Be sure to stop by and say hello:-)

Hi everyone! I'm Melody and I blog over at Sweet Like a Song! I'm so excited to be with you today, while Miss Lauren is vacationing to the beach!
In honor of everyone that's heading on vacation this week or sometime this summer, I thought I'd share my top 5 favorite activities to do while I'm at the beach! I'd love to know if any of these are your favorites as well!

1. Eat great food!
Eating good food is a priority of mine all year long, but it is especially important at the beach! I love the little pizza places that deliver and the local sub shops, but the seafood is my all-time favorite! If I'm going to the beach, I make sure that at least one night of the trip we have good seafood.
Outer Banks, NC 2010

2. Go shopping!
Shopping is one of my absolute favorite things to do while I'm at the beach! When I was little, I loved all the beachy stores like Wings and Eagles (the places with all the t-shirts & beach towels). Though my tastes have changed a lot, I still love shopping at the beach! Tanger Outlets and local boutiques? Sign me up! I always feel like I need to buy something just because it's a special occasion. 
New Smyrna Beach, FL 2012

3. Get dressed up & do something fun!
Whether it's one time during your trip or every night, I'm a strong believer in getting dressed up and doing something fun at night! Whether that be, walking on the pier, going putt-putt, riding go carts, whatever! I love staying out on the beach all day, coming in to get cleaned up and then doing something fun with my family at night!
Charleston, SC 2012

4. Beach reading
There's something about laying on the beach with a good book that makes you feel so relaxed! I love this feeling and I do it as much as I can! During my own beach trip in a couple days, I'll be starting the first Fifty Shades of Grey book! I'm so excited to finally know what everyone's talking about!

5. Make fun snacks!
I think it's so much fun to go to the grocery store at the beach (Piggly Wiggly anyone?) and buy supplies to make snacks at your house or condo! This is a great time to try out fun dips or dessert recipes you've seen on Pinterest. Whether your family is eating in or going out for dinner each night, you're always going to need snacks around the house to munch on! 
My personal favorite? Fruit pizza! 

I hope you've enjoyed hearing about my favorite things to do at the beach! If you'd like to learn more about me, I'd love to have you stop by and visit my blog! Thanks so much Lauren for letting me guest post for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment