Saturday, June 30, 2012

Easy Summer Skillet

Anything with the word "easy" in the title has the power to hook me. The fact that I could also use the oodles of fresh veggies from our CSA box too made it the perfect match for our mid-week supper! This was an awesome meal and super simple to make. I would highly suggest it to anyone looking for a new summer go-to.

Ingredients 
2 zucchini (I used squash too!)
2 large Johnsonville summer sausage links
1/2 red onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tomato
2 small red potatoes
salt and pepper

Directions
Cut the potatoes into chunks and steam for 10ish minutes until soft.
Meanwhile, slice up all the vegetables to approximately the same size.
Throw them in a skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil. 
Once the veggies brown a bit, toss the potatoes and sausage in and sauté for another few minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Enjoy!

Steaming the potatoes

Half of the veggies

More veggies and sausage!

Simmerin' away

 Supper is served!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good! =) Summer sausage probably made it that much better...I never would have thought of summer sausage. I've got to start getting more creative with the meats I use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete