Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday-Living In The Moment

I will not waste my days
Making up all kinds of ways
To worry about all the things
That will not happen to me
  -Jason Mraz

I have so much to be thankful for in my life. I am continually amazed at how blessed I am. This weekly representation barely scratches the surface of all the wonderful ways the Lord provides for me. Here are a few things I am counting as a blessing this week:

my sweet husband
I cannot say enough about this man. He looks out for and cares for me in a way I didn't know was possible. One small example is how he took off of work to care for me when I had my surgery. He could have just as easily gone back to work after my surgery, but instead he catered to my every request-even anticipating many of them before they happened!

rest & relaxation
This surgery is a great reminder to rest and relax. I rush and rush all school year, so settling down to do nothing is a bit of an adjustment. I'm learning to sleep in, catch up on reading, and let things go. 

family and friends
I'm so thankful for all the people who have checked in on me and made sure I'm OK. I am seriously so blessed by all the people who care enough about me to check on me!

 the pool
While I can't get in for a few weeks, it is nice to know that the pool is just down the road for me to cool off in when these temps jump to the hundreds!

walking
This may sound strange, but I am so grateful for the ability to walk. Hobbling around on these crutches and not being able to walk is a great reminder what a blessing it is to walk on my own! Can't wait to toss these crutches to the side and do my own thing again. 

3 comments:

  1. gosh, isn't it amazing what we all take for granted? I mean, walking ... I never think of this as a "blessing". but you are so right ... it absolutely is. such a great reminder to slow down and be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. We take things for granted so easily. How you feel better soon! New follower xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an amazing life filled with amazing people. Great post!! =)

    ps. Do you want to follow each other?
    lesleykim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete