Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie

I made this delicious treat in honor of Father's Day. My daddy is not the biggest fan of sweet treats (must get that from my Momma!) but always appreciates something tasty. I found this little treasure in a magazine and decided to whip it up. Boy oh boy, am I glad that I did! This is definitely worth the time and few hours of waiting. Let me know what ya think!

Ingredients
2 cups finely crushed pretzel sticks 
3/4 cup butter, melted 
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar 
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries 
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk 
1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened 
4 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. strawberry gelatin
2 cups whipping cream, divided 
1/3 cup granulated sugar

Directions 
 Preheat oven to 350°. 
Stir together first 3 ingredients; firmly press on bottom, up sides of a lightly greased 10-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. 
Remove from oven and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
 Process strawberries in a food processor until finely chopped. 
Beat condensed milk and next 2 ingredients at medium speed with mixer until smooth. 
Add strawberries; beat at low speed just until blended. 
Transfer to a large bowl.
Beat 3/4 cup whipping cream at high speed until soft peaks form.
Gently fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture. 
Spoon into prepared crust. 
Cover and freeze 8 to 12 hours or until firm.
Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups whipping cream at high speed until foamy.
Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until soft peaks form. 
Spread over pie. 
Freeze 1 hour or until whipped cream is firm.
Enjoy!

I didn't get a picture because it was gone before I got the chance! I highly suggest this delicious summer treat for your next get together:-)
 

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing better than a pretzel pie!!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete